Saturday, October 17, 2009

High Quality: Wellie Boots

As y'all know from some of my previous posts, I believe in buying quality tools. Just as a hairstylist needs a good pair of scissors to cut hair properly, a horticulturist needs a good pair of shears to prune trees properly.

The same goes for outdoor clothing- particularly when it's cold and/or raining.

As I learned, a new pair of blue jeans are not the best things for foul-weather protection. But my Hunter Wellies are a dream.
I love them. They are completely watertight and have a good gripping sole. I think that any product that has been made since the 1800's falls into the "tried-and-true" category.

These standard green Hunters were bought from Gempler's, a mail-order nursery supply company for $99.

I didn't realize it until now, but Hunter boots have become quite fashionable lately and apparently you can get them at many high-end retailers like Nordstrom and Saks. I thought that the only way to get them was through an ag-supply company!

Even Jimmy Choo has a line of Hunter boots now, complete with reptilian embossing and strange outer socks:

For horticultural (and economic) purposes, I'd stick with the originals.
**********************************************************
Through this "research," I did find a Hunter accessory that I need for this winter: the Hunter "Fleece Welly" socks. Admittedly, rubber boots do not hold in heat at all, so I am looking forward to this addition to my winter wardrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin