Monday, March 29, 2010

I love my job

Over the last two weeks, I had the privilege to teach a 3-day workshop for the Charleston Parks Conservancy. We met for two evenings in a classroom at Hazel Parker Playground (on lower East Bay Street) and spent our final class in the spectacular garden of CPC Executive Director, Jim Martin.
Being able to really interact with eager gardeners on such an intimate level (5 participants) was really a treat for me. I hope that they got as much out of it as I did.....

Leslee Johnson-Allen of the Charleston Examiner was a faithful participant of the class and I think that she captured the feel of the workshop perfectly: Secret gardens reveal gardening secrets in Parks Conservancy workshop. Be sure to check out the slide show at the end of the article.

Leslee wrote another article about the class as well (Charleston Parks Conservancy sows the seeds for beautiful, healthy gardens) and has a collection of other nature-based articles that are worth checking out. She has a wonderful perspective.


1 comment:

  1. Great class. And everyone seemed armed and ready to get in their gardens!! Thanks Kari. You are a talented teacher and horticulturalist.....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin