Friday, May 28, 2010

The Blue Jay Chronicles

As it turns out, Baby is a smart bird and is really working me. She has learned that when a light turns on in a room that I'm in that room. She promptly flies to the window to let me know that she would like a cricket. Immediately.

When I go into another room and flip that light on, she moves too. It's amusing and pulls at my material heartstrings....but it also makes me think, "What have I gotten myself into?".

The bait store employees are amused that I have bought at least 500 crickets over the last week. I've tried to alleviate this expense by showing Baby the cache of insects in the compost pile, but she has developed expensive taste.

You should see me pointing out all of the insects to her as she sits on a nearby branch. With her back to me.She ain't no dumpster diver.

2 comments:

  1. This has got to be the coolest thing I've ever heard of!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too much fun. God blessed you with a fickle spoiled blue jay.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin